1. INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Social Media, such as information that may personally identify you, like your name, postal address, email address, employer information, telephone number, IP address, or any other unique electronic identifier.
A. Personal Information. “Personal Information” collected by Next Mile may include:
- Information you provide by filling in forms, such as when you submit an employment application, submit an inquiry, register for an event, request information, enter a promotion, report a problem with the Website, or otherwise contact us via the Website. Identifiers may include your name, alias, postal address, or other information you provide.
- Content that you authorize us to access, publish, and view on Social Media.
- Records of your correspondence with us.
- Your search queries and content viewed on our Website.
Also, you may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of our Website or Social Media, or transmitted to other users of the Website, Social Media or third parties. Information you provide and publish in public areas is transmitted to others at your own risk. Next Mile cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or Social Media, and cannot and does not guarantee that your published information will not be viewed or used by unauthorized persons and/or in unwanted ways.
When commercially practical, or as required by law, Next Mile will obtain your consent to collect, use, process, or disclose Personal Information. Next Mile may collect, use, process, or disclose personal information with or without your consent:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
- When the personal information is available from a public source;
- When Next Mile or its affiliates require legal advice from an attorney;
- For the purposes of collecting a debt;
- To assist Next Mile and its affiliates in loss prevention and to protect Next Mile and its affiliates from fraud;
- To create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising; or
- To investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law.
Consent may be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through an authorized representative or affiliate, or it may be implied where the purpose for collecting, using, or disclosing the Personal Information would be considered obvious and you voluntarily provide Personal Information for that purpose. Consent may also be implied when you are given notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of providing Personal Information being used for mail-outs, marketing, or other Next Mile functions, and you do not opt-out.
B. Other Information. Each time a computer visits our Website or Social Media to read or download information, we may collect certain information from that computer automatically which may include the following (the “Other Information”):
- Web browser, operating system, and device type.
- The internet domain name or IP address from which your computer accessed the Sites.
- The name or IP address of the website that connected you to our Sites.
- Date and time your computer accessed the Sites.
- Your navigation pathway into, through, and exit from our Sites.
We may associate this Other Information to Personal Information that you have provided through the Website or Social Media.
C. Information Collection Methods. We collect Personal and Other Information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through our Website or Social Media via analytics tools, tracking tools (including cookies), and third-party data providers. Next Mile may use Google Analytics® (“Google Analytics”) and/or similar services. We may implement Google Analytics or similar features based on Display Advertising (Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings. In addition, you can use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to disable tracking by Google Analytics. We will use the data provided by Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to develop the site and content around our users’ interests and to help refine our advertising strategies.
D. Cookies. Next Mile’s Website may place a small text file called a cookie in the browser files of computers that visit it. Cookies enable websites and service providers' systems to recognize your browser, enable website features, personalize content to your preferences, and store website-specific information. You may decline our cookies if your browser allows, and those cookies will no longer collect information from you, but some parts of our Website may not work properly should you delete or disable cookies.
F. How You Can Manage Collection of Non-Personal Data. Third-party advertising companies may collect data about your visit to our Sites and others; this is referred to as “Online Behavioral Advertising”. You may opt out from this collection and use of data by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) on the “Opt Out from Online Behavioral Advertising” website, located at: http://optout.networkadvertising.org or http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp